Change

My friend Sam over at sb.com posted a list to her blog about the things she needed to do to make her life better. This was a wonderful list and it got me thinking, and of the 15 things she had listed I was agreement with most of them. So I thought that is what I should do create a list of things that I truly want to do to change my life and make it better...the hardest part for me is to follow through on the list, but I am sure going to try.

1. Loss weight: this is top on my list because I know that this is part of my exhaustion problems, I am not sleeping well because of my obessness (if that is a word) so this is important for all the other things on my list.

2. Exercise daily: now this is not just to lose weight but when I exercise I have more energy to do some of the other things on my list.

3. Spend more time with my children: lately because of my exhaustion I have been neglecting my children and I need to spend more quality time with them.

4. Deal with my issues: a lot of my childhood issues are taken care of but some of them linger to cause problems in my relationships with my husband and children and I need to fix that.

5. Journal more: I have been falling behind on my blog and my personal journal well I am not sure I can see the cover for the dust. Journaling helps me to understand how I feel and my therapist told me that the way I journal is very helpful...so better get on that again.

6. Positive Discipline: I am reading a book by Jane Nelsen that my mother in law gave me a few years ago (she found it and said I might want to read it or not, she had no idea what it was about but thought it would be helpful) well it is a great book and although it might be difficult to change the way I discipline my children I would really love to give this idea a try.

7. Take me time: I rarely take time for me other than to sleep in, and that isn't helping :( I need to take a few minutes a day to just be by myself doing something I like to do so that I can unwind.

8. Yoga: I have all the stuff and know it would help but I just haven't had the desire to get up early and do it :( I think I am going to try doing it in the evening to see if it will relax me and help me sleep.

9. Stop swearing and yelling: this is going to be hard, with bipolar I tend to have verbal diareha sometimes and words come out of my mouth before I even know they are coming but I am going to stop that.

10. Clean my house: this might sound like a given but I am a terrible housekeeper, don't get me wrong my house isn't unsanitary, but I do as little as possible. I pile things up until the pile is ready to fall over and then I put it all away. And the bad part to this is when people come to visit I have so much work to do. Plus a clean house will make my husband happy which in turn will make everyone else happy ;)

11. Continue reading: lately I have been reading different types of books, my norm is crime novels and such but lately I have been trying to read Christain fiction and books with a hidden meaning. I am trying to open my mind to thoughts that I know are there just need a little push...plus they teach me lessons that I need to know right now, and I think every little lesson I can learn will help me :)

12. Read my daily thought: I was part of Al-Anon a few years ago (for those that don't know it is a group for family and friends of alcoholics or anyone who has been affected by the drinking of someone close to them) from this group I learnt a lot about myself and alcoholism and I have a book that tells me a thought everyday that will help me learn more...I just have to read them ;)

13. Tell my family I love them: this is something we take for granted, just because we think our children know we love them doesn't mean they don't need to hear it.

14. Do some scrapbooking: this is something I have done very little of lately and I think I need to do more, it is something I love to do and not always stress free but greatly enjoyed.

15. Love Me: I think this will be the hardest one on the list, it is easy to love everyone else but it is hard to see past my own faults and love me...this one will really help.

So here is my list of ways to make my life a little better, and hopefully I will be able to stick to them :)

1 comments:

Awesome list of things! I wish you lots of luck!

 

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.