Our journaling challenge this week was to type our first name into Google and see what we come up with...so here goes.
I typed in TammyLin and came up with 4 posts of different picutre posting sites or group sites like facebook for Tammy Lin's and the interesting fact is that they are all 'Asian' girls. This doesn't surprise me as Lin is listed as both a baby boy or girl name and comes from Chinese origin. However that is not how I ended up with the name...my mother's best friend's name at the time was Linda and my mother shortened it to Lin and she knew no other spelling for it.
The next entry is for a Tammy Lin in the Women's Rowing organization at Duke University, again of Asian decent. Then a Dr. Tammy Lin MD for UCompare Health Care. Our next post takes us to amazon.com in which we are viewing videos of 'The Adventures of Walker and Ping Ping". According to About.com 'the adventures of walker and ping ping' is an introduction for children to new cultures it is a wonderful way to give your kids their first glimpse into China and the Chinese culture. The charming and well animated stories are narrated from the perspective of a child. Children will enjoy the simple, yet powerful stories and pick up some basic Chinese along the way.'
The first post on the second page is an interesting one...it is a police report for three wanted felons Tammy Lin Ernst, Richard Nichols and Rodney G Doda. It seems that the three of them were going door to door to solicit driveway sealing jobs. None of these three have a valid driver's license.
I had to go to page 4 of the listings before I came to something that pertains to me. Up until that point the postings had pretty much been the same. On page 4 is my link to classmates.com and I would remove that but I don't have my password anymore so I can't. I had to go to page 6 before I found another reference to another Tammy Lin that wasn't of Asian decent. The next link to me was on page 14, a website that my husband was supposed to have blocked. There was only four mentions of me in 49 pages and two of them I have deleted.
The most interesting was around page 48 there is a Tammy Lin porn queen :)
1 comments:
It's very strange what you find on google! I was afraid to go past the first page on my search LOL!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.