Lost and Found

Well I have decided that Cecelia Ahern has a very interesting writting style after reading three of her books in the past month I have seen that you can write about things that most people would never think to read about, let alone write a book about. The last book I read was called 'A Place Called Here'. Now the title might make you wonder as it did me but the back of the book told me a very different story than the inside.

Since Sandy Shortt's childhood schoolmate disappeared twenty years ago, Sandy has been obsessed with missing things. Finding becomes her goal - whether it's the odd sock that vanished in the washing machine, the car keys she misplaced in her rush to get to work or the graver issue of finding the people who vanish from their lives. Sandy dedicates her life to finding these missing people, offering devastated families a flicker of hope.
Jack Ruttle is one of those desperate people. It's been a year since his brother, Donal vanished into thin air and the sleepless nights and frantic days aren't getting any easier. Thinking Sandy Shortt could well be the answer to his prayers, he embarks on a quest to find her.
But, when Sandy goes missing too, her search ends when she stumbles upon the place - and people - she's been looking for all of her life. A world away from her loved ones and the home she ran from for so long, Sandy soon resorts to her old habit again, searching. Though this time, she is desperately trying to find her way home!

I wasn't sure what to think when I started reading this book, I thought it was going to be more of a mystery book, a book about searching for lost people and that intrigued me...but that isn't really what this book is all about. Once again Cecelia has brought a life lesson through in her book...this one is that you can lose things all the time but until you find yourself you will never find what you are looking for.

The last couple of chapters pretty much sum up the whole book...

Sometimes, people can go missing right before our very eyes. Sometimes, people discover you, even though they've been looking at you the entire time. Sometimes, we lose sight of ourselves when we're not paying enough attention.

We all get lost once in a while, sometimes by chioce, sometimes due to forces beyond our control. When we learn what it is our soul needs to learn, the path presents itself. Sometimes we see the way out but wander further and deeper despite ourselves; the fear, the anger or the sadness preventing us returning. Sometimes we prefer to be lost and wandering, sometimes it's easier. Sometimes we find our own way out. But regardless, always, we are found.

This book is all about finding yourself in the world of lost things, it is a kind of a strange way to present it but the story is one that you will have a hard time putting down. I can't say that it was a story that I wanted to read or would have picked up if I really knew what it was about but once you get into the story you have to finish it reading just to figure out how things end. Another one of those life lesson books that I would suggest you read, especially if you need to find yourself :)

Maybe I will find something else to read this time :)

1 comments:

Sounds like a wicked interesting book! That is true, though, sometimes we lose things that are right in front of us...which is kinda sad in a way.

 

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.